Chris is a full member of the British Acupuncture Council (BAcC). There are approximately 3000 members of qualified acupuncturists in this organisation. It is the UK’s largest professional self-regulatory body for the practice of traditional acupuncture.
All members of the BAcC can offer you the following assurances:
• BSc or BA degree level training or its equivalent in traditional acupuncture, Chinese medicine, and western biomedical sciences including anatomy, physiology and pathology (3,600 hours of study)
• compliance with current UK health and safety legislation
• full medical malpractice and public/products liability insurance cover
• expert practice skills maintained by following a mandatory individual programme of continuing professional development (CPD)
• regular updates from the BAcC regarding practitioners' professional obligations to the public
• compliance with BAcC Code of Safe Practice and Code of Professional Conduct
• patient access to the BAcC complaints and disciplinary procedures
• English language skills at least equivalent to those required of doctors and nurses working in the UK
Acupuncturists registered with the BAcC carry the letters MBAcC after their name.